CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Senin, 15 Desember 2008

The following expressions of asking, giving, and expressing satisfaction.

Asking for Opinion
• What do you think of …?
• What are your views?
• What is your opinion?
• Is it right what I’ve done?
• What about …?
• How about …?

Giving Opinion
• I’m convinced that ….
• I reckon ….
• I consider that ....
• According to the expert, I ….
• In my opinion, .…
• I think ….

Expressing Satisfaction
• I’m satisfied with ….
• I’m satisfied at ….
• I’m glad with what you’ve done.
• It’s really satisfying.
• Everything was satisfying.


The following expressions of inviting, accepting, declining
an invitation and an appointment.

Formal Situation


Inviting
• Would you like to ....
• I'd very much like you to ....
• We should be pleased/delighted if you could ....
• Would you care to ....
• You will ... won't you?

Accepting an Invitation
• That's very kind of you.
• We'd very much like to ....
• What a delightful idea.
• With the greatest pleasure.
• Thank you very much for inviting me.

Declining an Invitation
• I'm very sorry, I don't think I can.
• I'd like to, but ....
• I'm afraid I've already promised ....
• Thank you for asking me, but ....
• Unfortunately, I can't…

Informal Situation

Inviting
• Why don't you come to ....
• Like to come to ....
• Come and ....
• Shall we come to ....
• You must come to ....

Accepting an Invitation
• I would/will ....
• That would be very nice.
• OK!
• I'd like to love to come.
• All right (then).

Declining an Invitation
• Sorry, I can't.
• I'd love to, but ....
• I don't think I can.
• I wish I could, but ....


Making an Appointment
• How about tomorrow morning?
• Let's meet at ... o'clock.

Accepting an Appointment
• I'll come I promise.
• I'll be there.

Cancelling an Appointment
• Sorry, I don't think I can make it.
• I'm so sorry I can't make it.

0 komentar: